Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Memorable Memorial Day

For my birthday the kids wanted to take me up to Morgan Lake and spend some time there. I always forget what a pretty little lake it is.

 Max was anxious to show off his fishing skills. As soon as he hopped out of the truck he grabbed his pole and headed for the shore, cast his line and immediately hooked a tree. He spent the next several minutes fixing his line.

It took several minutes, and we were all hungry so we broke out the food, ate and watched him.

Eventually we moved spots to a place that had a picnic table and an actual fire pit. We got a fire going and I sat back to enjoy the view with everything I need to enjoy myself.

Max hooked his leg and spent some more time working on his line. As soon as he got it fixed Zoey cast it with such vigor that the line snapped and he was back to fixing it.

Soon he grew weary of working on his line and decided to splash the littles while they played in the lake.
After the little guppies tried to warm up by the fire, we put it out and headed back down the mountain. It was a rather pleasant afternoon with my chilies.

1 comment: