Saturday, March 26, 2011

home baked

It seems like every magazine I read lately has a recipe for homemade biscuits. I used to be quite the Baking Powder Biscuit baker but hadn't made any in awhile. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to tie on an apron and whip up a batch. Of course I used an old metal bowl and a vintage silverplate meat fork to blend the ingredients. Who needs a pastry cutter?! Next I kneaded the dough a little so it would form some kind of cohesive blob. Then I rolled it out just a bit with my handy dandy wooden rolling pin I have had for over 20 years. Cut some biscuits with what else, but a vintage biscuit cutter. Plopped them in a pan and baked.
While they were still warm I spread on some butter and strawberry jam. Mmmmmm. Nothing better on a rainy afernoon! For this recipe, look in Country Living Magazine March 2011. I'll have to have my daughter show me how to make links to such sites, but until then, you'll just have to borrow the mag, look it up on line, or go buy one yourself. Happy eating!


1 comment:

  1. These look soooo yummy!! Bread is my weakness, especially the homemade kind. I love to read your blog.....I never leave a comment so I'm basically a peeping tom----so thought I should leave one so you know I'm lurking. Have a great week. Carol Buckley

    ReplyDelete